Notes from the "Future of Ephemerisle" meeting
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Sept 29, 2015
- More/better ways to get to/from the marinas
- More/better way to transport materials (plywood, etc) to and from the event
- Dedicated docking for ferries
- Dedicated docking for small
- More berths
- Storage for art boats
- Transport for art boats
- Work space for art boats near the event
- Better information sharing about existing resources (wiki, etc)
- Oceanus is planning to bring the Aurora next year, a German cruise ship with 1000+ berths. However, the ship needs substantial restoration work. Those who put in sufficient hours for the restoration will get berths for free/reduced price.
- Green boats (similar to the green bikes at Burning Man). One possibility is the Sea-cycle limo, which is a pedal-powered catamaran which can carry 4 people:
- Hire a barge to transport materials
- Buy a barge to transport materials
- Promote the wiki more (if anyone wants editing access, get in touch with
- Contact local marinas to arrange staging space for art boats.
- Contact Hiltons to inquire about using their property as a staging and launch space
- Create a volunteer group to give back to the local community (delta restoration, trash cleanup, park infrastructure builds) to make amends for negative externalities we may impose on the surrounding community
- Search for barge for purchase/rental
- Patio boats can comfortably take 15 people, 19 max. More than that, and they're likely to capsize.
- Limited number of patio boats at Paradise Point.
- Get in touch with Sean Ironstag or Lucas Royland for inquiries about berthing on the Aurora or volunteering for the Aurora restoration
- If you'd like to help with a green boat program, get in touch with Chris Rasch