Dates: July 11 - July 17.
Location: Mandeville Point
Included a pre-build for the first time in Ephemerisle's history (except perhaps 2009)
- 1 Census
- 2 Blog posts and press
- 3 Videos
- 4 Pictures
- 5 Islands
- 5.1 Aurora
- 5.2 Bump Bed
- 5.3 Elysium
- 5.4 Fort Kick-Ass
- 5.5 Holland Riverside Marina Yacht Club
- 5.6 Ithaka
- 5.7 Japanese News Crew (???)
- 5.8 Moss Isley
- 5.9 Sailor Park aka Portapotty Island, LMV Island, Lumps for Dumps, and Hot Topless Girl Lava Pit
- 5.10 Washed Up Yacht Club
- 6 Art projects
- 7 Meeting notes
Blog posts and press
- KPIX Channel 5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDh_9HWuI0g
- Local news: http://www.recordnet.com/article/20160714/NEWS/160719841
- Vice was also on scene interviewing people.
- composite video of Ephemerisle 2016, filmed from the live band art boats by Janel Sterbentz : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOWR26_uPOc
A 300' cruise ship docked two miles to the East of the center of the gathering. There were regularly scheduled speedboats back and forth.
The ship has been undergoing active restoration since. See the Facebook group.
Dance floor and a big sound system.
3 sailboats who splintered off from the WUYC to form a quieter island.
Holland Riverside Marina Yacht Club
A full yacht club including bar, stage for live music, pool table, and outdoor movie theater was floated over for the gathering.
Just one houseboat this year.
Japanese News Crew (???)
Did anyone get the name of their island? There was actually a very nice little platform behind their powerboats.
Another successful year of the "introvert island".
Sailor Park aka Portapotty Island, LMV Island, Lumps for Dumps, and Hot Topless Girl Lava Pit
A rickety platform which barely held together, a pontoon boat, and the cutest miniature houseboat ever. Connected to the Washed Up Yacht Club via a rope bridge.
Washed Up Yacht Club
Maxed out at about 11 sailboats and one powerboat.
The Pontunery: A pair of rented patio boats converted to shaded lounge space with musical instruments and sound system aboard for impromptou live music sessions. The Pontunery boats hosted jams, Live Band Karaoke, workshops, and musical cruising. We also supported the Sean Frenzy Commemmorative Naked Swim Race by providing a platform for mobile spectators, referees, heckling, a trolling soundtrack, judging, and a final rickrolling.